Our Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Industrial is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Industrial will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- Main Office
The notice will be made publicly available at the following locations:
- Industrial Main Office, 318 Richmond Rd., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON
- Industrial website
Industrial will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- All employees
Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer service within 30 days after being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Industrial’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities. These include:
- The Industrial Main Office does not currently have accessible equipment or devices available. Alternate arrangements will be made for clients who require accessible services.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Industrial’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Industrial provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 613-234-5975
- Mail: Industrial, 318 Richmond Rd., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON, K1Z 6X6
All feedback, including complaints will be handled in the following manner:
- Feedback will be followed up on by a manner accessible to the client, recorded in detail, and investigated
- A mutually acceptable solution or workaround will be planned and implemented
Customers can expect to hear back in 30 days.
Notice of availability
Industrial will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location:
- Industrial’s website, Accessibility Policy page
- Industrial Main Office, 318 Richmond Rd., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON, K1Z 6X6
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Industrial that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.