AIA came to Industrial with a unique challenge: create a modern website with job aggregation capabilities for the aftermarket auto industry. The goal? Help those interested in exploring this growing field discover rewarding, exciting careers.
- There are several outdated, preconceived notions about the industry and the available positions in it. Our solution had to bring the changes this field is experiencing to the forefront.
- The AIA team needed a very easy to use and quick to update method of managing their content.
- The design of the site had to be modern and fresh, while maintaining a professional look and feel.
- Integration with Constant Contact was required.
- Integration with various third-party job boards (Government of Canada Job Bank, Eluta) and set up filtering to include only relevant job postings.
- Develop a weekly newsletter for users containing customized job listings
- AIA had a wealth of data collected about industry trends: we needed to come up with a way to visually display this - 1000 rows in an Excel sheet would not do!
Industrial held several working sessions with AIA and worked closely with many of their stakeholders to identify the site requirements, understand their goals, gain a sense of who their target audience was, and identify what success would look like.
We decided on WordPress as the CMS of choice as it coupled ease of use with quick development time, and had the flexibility of integrations including charting options, job board integration, and newsletter management.
After several months of hard work, brainstorming sessions, and collaboration between Industrial and AIA's key stakeholders, we helped launch the AutoConnex site in late 2018. The site has received excellent feedback from AIA's key stakeholders, industry contacts, and will be an essential resource for the aftermarket auto industry for years to come.