Industrial is currently looking for a Project Coordinator to work directly with our clients and staff to help us take the next step in our 20-year evolution. This role will be responsible for working directly with our Project Managers, to help assist in the daily management of website project requests.
Reporting to the Project & Operations Manager, Savannah Mitchell, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in either project management, account management, business administration, or communications within a digital/technical environment. Excellent communication, organization and time management skills are essential. You are a detail-obsessed, career-driven professional. You must be able to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, thrive under pressure, set priorities and work closely with our clients and other team members.
The role of the Project Coordinator can be divided into the following:
Project Management Support - Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the project management team to help control project costs, timelines, and scope through expectation management, diligent tracking, risk mitigation, effective communication, tools and templates.
- Receive and respond to client website support requests
- Coordinate client requirements with other team members on the UX and development teams
- Manage and groom the website support request backlog
- Coordinate with project managers to onboard clients from active website projects over to support plans upon website launch
- Use reporting system to keep record of client requests
- Prepare and send out invoices to clients on a monthly basis
- Own documentation at client meetings (agenda, decisions made, next steps).
- Populate website content into the content management system (like Wordpress or Drupal)
- Assist the development team in creating training documentation and templates
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and training sessions
- Assist with quality assurance and testing, when required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Customer service / client management experience
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision
- Adaptable and proactive
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- General understanding of, or a willingness to learn, web-based languages, tools and software to the degree you are able to comfortably communicate your client's needs to a team of software developers.
- Post-secondary education in customer success, project management, communications, business administration or other relevant fields, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and familiarity with website Content Management Software, specifically Wordpress and Drupal
- Experience or familiarity with the digital agency environment, operations, and processes.
- Familiarity or experience with Agile development practices
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work on exciting technology projects
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2021
- +92 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Our team has grown by 30% in 2021
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- Free coffee shipped to your home on a monthly basis
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
Industrial is a digital website agency with its roots in Ottawa, Ontario. We design and build powerful websites, web applications, and mobile applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.