Industrial has been around for 20+ years as a digital web agency with roots in Ottawa, but now operating fully remote from anywhere in Canada. We design and build powerful websites using WordPress, Drupal and WooCommerce for associations: membership-based organizations and nonprofits. Associations provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada's future and another who is at the heart of better care for pets and their people, through the accreditation of companion animal veterinary hospitals in North America.
Industrial collaborates very closely with its sister company Wicket, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform. Wicket is a growing SaaS startup and is building the world's first Member Data Platform (MDP), laser-focused on North America’s association sector.
Industrial is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in project management, account management, business administration or communications within a digital/technical environment. Excellent communication, organization and time management skills are essential. You are a detail-obsessed, career-driven professional. You must be able to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, thrive under pressure, set priorities and work closely with our clients and other team members.
Here is a summary of what we are looking for in this role:
- You pride yourself on your ability to get the right people together at the right time in the right place.
- You have the ability to clearly understand and document the project scope, budget and timeline of a web-based project.
- You are able to resource for your projects accordingly.
- You are great at transferring timely and relevant information to and from the client and to and from the team.
- You are confidently able to report on the project status at any given time.
- You are able to follow process and use tools the company has determined as the best fit for the team, and are able to identify a better way of doing things if something doesn’t seem to be working well for the team.
- You have amazing attention to detail when it comes to calendar management, deadline management on multiple projects at once.
- You see your role as a necessary “bridge" or “pillar" to keep your projects moving, help everyone stay informed, prepared and problem solve with confidence.
- You defer to subject matter experts when it comes to Design, UX, Development, QA and know when to bring them all together.
- You always have an agenda/purpose clearly defined for a meeting and are able to keep everyone on track.
- You document all meeting outcomes with clearly written notes including decisions made and next steps.
- You are able to inspire or excite the team to keep them motivated while working on your projects.
- You are curious, ask questions and seek advice from team members to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Direct all aspects of day-to-day client communication for website projects.
- Manage projects from conceptualization through to delivery, ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Control project costs, timelines, and scope through expectation management, diligent tracking, risk mitigation, effective communication, tools and templates.
- Process invoices to clients based on approved time entries and project progress.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
- Own documentation at client meetings (agenda, decisions made, next steps).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of web-based languages, tools and software to the degree you are able to comfortably communicate your client's needs to a team of software developers. (Wordpress, WooCommerce + Wicket will make up the majority of the technology used behind the website projects)
- Post-secondary education in project management, communications, business administration or other relevant fields, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience or familiarity with the digital agency environment, operations, and processes.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Project and/or Account management.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to have an impact and be involved in process and operational strategies to refine our project delivery
- An opportunity to work on exciting technology projects
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Certified Great Place to Work in 2021
- +86 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- Free coffee shipped to your home on a monthly basis
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.