Industrial’s mission is to design and develop websites for associations and nonprofits with the goal of enhancing the user experience and empowering our clients. We are looking for an experienced Front End Web Developer to join our team. As a web developer, you will be involved in the hands-on implementation of web projects across the full stack for Industrial clients.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work in collaboration with our UX and Web Designers to turn high fidelity designs into custom WordPress and Drupal themes
- Write well structured implementation code with quality, reusability and security in mind
- Architect solutions that meet the client expectations according to the project’s functional specifications and user stories.
- Work with our QA manager to troubleshoot bugs relating to functionality, responsiveness and accessibility.
- Review project requirements and provide estimates of effort and when required, answer questions or communicate with clients directly
- Work on multiple projects across the tech stack
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Strong background as a front-end web developer
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or Wordpress is required
- Previous experience integrating with e-commerce solutions including WooCommerce, Stripe, etc.
- Previous experience building custom themes based on approved wireframes and designs
- Portfolio of websites developed
- PHP development experience
- Proven experience with LAMP stack in production projects is a must
- Excellent understanding of the web technologies, protocols and systems
(i.e. HTTP, REST, APIs, JSON, CMSs, CRMs, Mobile Web etc.)
- Experience building integrations is an asset
- Experience with web accessibility standards is an asset
- Experience with Laravel or other MVC PHP frameworks is an asset
Desirable soft skills:
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Analytical thinker and decisive
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on exciting technology problems
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2021
- +92 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Our team has grown by 30% in 2021
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- Free coffee shipped to your home on a monthly basis
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
Work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.