Industrial is looking for an experienced web developer to join our team. As a Web Developer, you will be involved in the hands-on implementation of web projects across the full stack for Industrial clients.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work with the Team Lead to architect solutions that meet the client's expectations in projects that may involve CMS (i.e Drupal or Wordpress) as well as custom web applications
- Write project implementation code with quality, reusability and security in mind
- Work on multiple projects across the tech stack
- Review functional specifications and provide estimates of effort
- When required answer questions or communicate with clients to clarify requirements
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Strong background as a generalist web developer
- PHP development experience
- Proven experience with LAMP stack in production projects is a must
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or Wordpress is required
- Excellent understanding of the web technologies, protocols and systems
(i.e. HTTP, REST, APIs, JSON, CMSs, CRMs, Mobile Web etc.)
- Experience building integrations is an asset
- Experience with Laravel or other MVC PHP frameworks is an asset
- Experience with web accessibility standards is an asset
Desirable soft skills:
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Analytical thinker and decisive
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in exciting technology problems
- A culture of learning backed by our senior management
- Beer and food Fridays and treats on other special occasions
- Very cool office space in Westboro
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
Industrial is a digital workshop located in Westboro Village, Ottawa. We design and build powerful websites and web applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.
Industrial has gone fully remote since the beginning of March 2020. We are committed to maintaining a flexible work environment into the future.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.