Industrial is looking for an experienced technical leader to join our team. As Lead of the Web Development Team, you will be responsible to directly manage our dev team, offering coaching and support to developers, defining technical direction and architecture of projects, setting overall tech strategies for the agency and supporting business development efforts by providing sound technical advice for proposed solutions to Industrial clients.
Responsibilities of this senior role:
- Work with developers to architect solutions that meet the client's expectations in projects that may involve CMS (i.e Drupal or Wordpress) as well as custom web applications.
- Assess the technical capabilities of other systems and devise integration approaches.
- Attending pitch presentations with prospective clients to present the technical approach and answer questions
- Writing technical descriptions of solutions in project proposals and functional specifications
- Review RFP documents to devise technical solutions and provide estimates
- Coach other junior developers in technical matters
- Consult with clients to provide technical advice
- Hold bi-weekly 1-on-1 sessions and quarterly performance reviews with direct reports
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Strong background as a generalist web developer
- Track record of work with LAMP stack is a must
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or Wordpress
- Excellent understanding of the web technologies, protocols and systems
- (i.e. HTTP, REST, APIs, JSON, CMSs, CRMs, Mobile Web etc..)Experience building integrations is an asset
- Experience as a solutions architect is an asset
- Experience with web accessibility standards is an asset
Desirable soft skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Good listener and problem solver
- Empathetic with clients’ problems
- Analytical thinker and decisive
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in exciting technology problems
- A culture of learning backed by our senior management
- Beer and food Fridays and treats on other special occasions
- Very cool office space in Westboro
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
Industrial is a digital workshop located in Westboro Village, Ottawa. We design and build powerful websites and web applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.
Industrial has gone fully remote since the beginning of March 2020. We are committed to maintaining a flexible work environment into the future.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.