Industrial is a digital workshop located in Westboro Village, Ottawa. We design and build powerful websites, web applications, and mobile applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.
At Industrial we believe in the importance of a positive work environment. We enable the best and brightest to flourish in our agency: our staff do whatever they do best, everyday.
We're currently looking for a Project Coordinator to integrate with our project management team and work directly with our clients and staff to help us take the next step in our 19-year evolution.
Reporting to the COO, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization and time management skills are essential. You are a detail-obsessed, career-driven professional. You must be able to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, thrive under pressure, set priorities and work closely with our clients and other team members.
We’re very proud of the culture, process, and work we’ve honed, and would rather be short-staffed than risk hiring the wrong person. This is because we aren’t your average agency, and we want to hire people who aren’t your average candidate. We’ll take our time to ensure you are the right fit, but in the end, it will be worth it.
Here is a summary of what we are looking for in this role:
- You pride yourself on your ability to get the right people together at the right time in the right place
- You have the ability to clearly understand and document the project scope, budget and timeline of a web-based project
- You are able to resource for your projects accordingly
- You are great at transferring timely and relevant information to and from the client and to project management team and the rest of the Industrial team
- You are confidently able to report on the project status at any given time
- You are able to follow process and use tools the company has determined as the best fit for the team, and able to identify a better way of doing things if something doesn’t seem to be working well for the team
- You have amazing attention to detail when it comes to calendar management, deadline management, etc. on multiple projects at once
- You see your role as a necessary “bridge" or “pillar" to keep your projects moving, help everyone stay informed, prepared and problem solve with confidence
- You defer to subject matter experts when it comes to Design, UX, Development, QA and know when to bring them all together
- You always have an agenda/purpose clearly defined for a meeting and are able to keep everyone on track
- You document all meeting outcomes with clearly written notes including decisions made and next steps
- You are able to inspire or excite the team to keep them motivated while working on your projects
- You are curious, ask questions and seek advice from team members to ensure everyone is on the same page
- Support the project management team administratively during specific stages of a project
- Keep all parts of the Industrial process organized and running according to plan
- Be responsible for day-to-day client communication for website, web application and mobile application projects.
- Manage projects from conceptualization through to delivery, ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Control project costs, timelines, and scope through expectation management, diligent tracking, risk mitigation, effective communication, tools and templates.
- Process invoices to clients based on approved time entries
- Revenue forecasting and overall budget control
- Help communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to project management team, clients and other team members.
- Own documentation at client meetings (agenda, decisions made, next steps).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Recent grad from post-secondary education in project management, communications, business administration or other relevant fields, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and content management systems
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Work in deadline and process driven environment