Industrial is a digital workshop located in Westboro Village, Ottawa. We design and build powerful websites, web applications, and mobile applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.
Are you a UX Researcher with strong digital skills and design sensibilities looking for the fun and variety of agency work? Do you have at least 2 years’ experience in a UX/Design role and you have strong time and task management skills? Industrial is currently looking for a UX Researcher + Designer to join us for a full-time position.
You are passionate about:
- Understanding users
- Modern digital user experience
- Design led development
- Delighting users and clients with their online experiences
- Solving usability problems
- User-centred designs
- Sweating the details of interaction design
- Collaborating with team members
The UX team plays a role throughout the life of the project. We are heavily involved in the earlier stages of a project; we ask the questions, we focus on the user, we capture the needs and goals of clients, we prototype, validate, and repeat.
The UX Researcher will contribute to Industrial’s UX practice, and will:
Research, investigate and test UX strategy and designs using a variety of methods.
Your key responsibilities include:
Research + Discovery:
- Analytics review and analysis
- Content audits and inventories
- Usability test plans
- Usability tests (card sorting, A/B testing, tree tests, eye tracking, etc)
- Planning and conducting user interviews
- Planning and conducting stakeholder working sessions
- Competitive analysis
- Persona development
- Story mapping
- Usability reviews/Heuristics analysis
- User observations
- Information architecture development
- Process map/workflow development
- Wireframes development
- Clickable prototype development
Communicate results of research, prototyping and testing to the team and to clients by:
- Presenting in meetings
- Writing up findings
- Creating user stories to communicate requirements
Familiarity with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD
- Accessibility standards
- Content Strategy
- SEO best practices
Must be based in Ottawa area.