Industrial is looking for an experienced web developer to join our team. As Lead Web Developer, you will be involved in hands-on implementation of web projects across the full stack as well as supporting business development efforts by providing sound technical advice for proposed solutions to Industrial clients.
Responsibilities of this senior role:
- Architect solutions that meet the client's expectations in projects that may involve CMS (i.e Drupal or Wordpress) as well as custom web applications.
- Write project implementation code with quality, reusability and security in mind
- Assess the technical capabilities of other systems and implement integration projects.
- Attending pitch presentations to prospect clients
- Writing technical descriptions of solutions in project proposals and functional specifications
- Review RFP documents to devise technical solutions and provide estimates
- Coach other junior developers in technical matters
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Strong background as a generalist web developer
- Proven experience with LAMP stack in production projects is a must.
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or Wordpress
- Excellent understanding of the web technologies, protocols and systems
- (i.e. HTTP, REST, APIs, JSON, CMSs, CRMs, Mobile Web etc..)Experience building integrations is an asset
- Experience as a solutions architect is an asset
Desirable soft skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Good listener and problem solver
- Empathetic with clients’ problems
- Analytical thinker and decisive
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in exciting technology problems
- A culture of learning backed by our senior management
- Beer and food Fridays and treats on other special occasions
- Very cool office space in Westboro
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
Industrial is a digital workshop located in Westboro Village, Ottawa. We design and build powerful websites, web applications, and mobile applications. We have exceptional clients, technically challenging projects and the staff to make magic happen.