At Industrial, we’re at our best when combining our user experience design expertise with our technical know-how. What does that mean? It boils down to creating user-centric digital solutions using modern technology platforms.
User Experience Design
Designing for the user is at the heart of what we do every day. Our UX team engages deeply with our clients and collaborates closely with our technical experts. As a result, we gain in-depth understanding of what makes your users tick, and what is (and isn’t) technically feasible. We never design a solution that can’t be implemented.
UX design is part of every project here at Industrial, and typically takes shape in one of two ways:
- We are hired to design and build a website or application for you, and our UX design team is engaged closely with you, your users, and the Industrial technical team to design and develop a user-centric solution.
- We are hired to provide the UX design for your application, but your team of in-house developers will execute on the vision. Under this model, we often work up to (and including) the front-end development of the solution, and then collaborate with your in-house experts for back-end integration.
- Content strategy
- Analytics research
- User research / user personas
- Process maps / decision trees
- Information architecture
- Wireframing / prototyping
- Usability testing
We’re passionate about modern technology stacks; particularly open source frameworks and tools. The open source community is important to us so we give back through code, conference talks, and community engagement.
It is important that we get usable sites and applications into our clients hands fast, and then iterate. To do this, we value convention over configuration and use test driven development to avoid fixing the same bug twice.
We carefully evaluate and select industry-leading technologies to deliver the best solutions for our clients. If these technology decisions will hinder the success of a project, it may not be the right project for us.
We build and deploy amazing medium to large-scale websites that are responsive and accessible. To accomplish this, we specialize in the following areas:
- Content management systems: Drupal is our tool of choice for corporate and non-profit clients. It’s extensible, and we rarely find a situation where it doesn’t fit. In the rare case it’s not right, we also support a variety of other CMSs including SiteFinity and Wordpress.
- Search: Search is an essential service in any large modern website. Developing and deploying enterprise-level search capabilities for our clients using applications such as ElasticSearch or Solr is just another day at the office.
- API integration: We’re experts at integrating 3rd party applications with the websites we build. Give us a good payment, authentication or any other API and our team can integrate it seamlessly with your website. Can’t find the right API? We can build that too.
Web and Mobile Applications
Have a great web or mobile application idea? Itch to scratch? We’d love to hear about it. Digging deep into designing solutions for our clients excites us, but not reinventing the wheel. We’ll use modern application development best practices to get you exactly what you’re looking for, on time and well-tested. To do this, we use our extensive experience in:
- Data modeling
- Cross-platform, browser support
Our focus is always on ease-of-use and simplicity: how can the user accomplish what they need in the simplest possible way, with the least amount of friction.
- Web & mobile applications
- Content management systems
- API development and integration
- Data modeling
Our creative team knows that visual storytelling is essential. Essential to the user to guide their experience with your digital product, and essential to your brand to communicate your message. That's why, when it comes to design, we go beyond the user interface.
While UI design is at the heart of much of our work, we can deliver all the components you need for your product, from the beginnings of an idea all the way to launch.
- Logo design
- Website, mobile, and app design
- Brand and identity systems
- Visual asset research
- Digital marketing collateral
Business Process Modelling
At Industrial we love to dive deep into your business to understand your goals and objectives and the products, services, tools and processes that you need to achieve success. Our model of co-creation with our clients exposes us to their challenges, and our team are experts at navigating through those challenges to find smart, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely (S.M.A.R.T.) solutions.
Not sure what to build? What platforms make sense for your organization? Where to find efficiencies in your day-to-day workflow? How to work within restrictive budgets to maximize dollars? We can help. We’ll take the guesswork out of the complex digital landscape and help you to deliver results to your organization.
- Solution design
- Process and workflow analysis
- Technology evaluation
At Industrial, our success is built on long-standing relationships with great clients. Our co-creation approach to service delivery positions us as an extension of your team, and that doesn't stop after project completion. To support our clients post-launch of their website or application, we provide flexible digital support plans. These plans guarantee you monthly access to our UX and technical staff for regular support, and also include analytics reporting, regular security and accessibility audits, and scheduled strategic sessions.
We empower our support plan clients with best-of-breed software tools for submitting bug and task requests into our queue, and take pride in providing a very high level of customer service through an assigned project manager.
- Website maintenance
- Web and mobile app maintenance
- Accessibility audits
- Security audits