Be a part of a highly motivated and passionate team working towards supporting the association and non-profit sector through powerful websites and eCommerce solutions.
We're caring, we're hard-working, we're a little geeky and always fun-loving. Come join us!
Industrial has been around for 20+ years as a digital web agency with roots in Ottawa, but now operating fully remote from anywhere in Canada. We design and build powerful websites using WordPress, Drupal and WooCommerce for associations: membership-based organizations and nonprofits. Associations provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada's future and another who is at the heart of better care for pets and their people, through the accreditation of companion animal veterinary hospitals in North America.
Industrial collaborates very closely with its sister company Wicket, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform. Wicket is a growing SaaS startup and is building the world's first Member Data Platform (MDP), laser-focused on North America’s association sector.
Industrial is looking for an experienced UX Researcher and Designer to join our team. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in UX Design within a digital/technical agency environment. You must be able to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, thrive under pressure, set priorities and work closely with our clients and other team members.
You are passionate about:
- Understanding users
- Modern digital user experience
- Design-led development
- Delighting users and clients with their online experiences
- Solving usability problems
- User-centred designs
- Sweating the details of interaction design
- Collaborating with team members
- Learning about new tools and technologies
The UX team plays a role throughout the life of the project. We are heavily involved in the earlier stages of a project; we ask the questions, we focus on the user, we capture the needs and goals of clients, we prototype, validate, and repeat.
Your key responsibilities include:
Research + Discovery
- Analytics review and analysis
- Content audits and inventories
- Usability test plans
- Usability tests (card sorting, A/B testing, tree tests, eye tracking, etc)
- Planning and conducting user interviews
- Planning requirements gathering exercises
- Facilitating stakeholder working sessions
- Competitive analysis
- Persona development and empathy mapping
- Story mapping
- Usability reviews/Heuristics analysis
- Information architecture development
- Process map/workflow development
- Wireframes development
- Clickable prototype development
- Configuration planning and recommendations
Communicate results of discovery, research, prototyping and testing to the team and to clients by:
- Presenting in meetings
- Writing up findings
- Creating discovery documentation in various formats
- Creating user stories to communicate requirements
Familiarity with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- InVision, Sketch, Figma
- Accessibility standards
- Drupal CMS
- Wordpress CMS
- Content strategy
- SEO best practices
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, prescriptions, out-of-country care) that extend to programs including mental health, employee family assistance, virtual health care services, and Best Doctors
- An annual wellness stipend towards gym memberships, fitness equipment, sports fees, etc.
- An annual professional development stipend and dedicated time for professional development
- Highly intentional, progressive practices around feedback, team-building, skills and career development, and peer-to-peer recognition
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Certified Great Place to Work
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.