Be a part of a highly motivated and passionate team working towards supporting the association and non-profit sector through powerful websites and eCommerce solutions.
We're caring, we're hard-working, we're a little geeky and always fun-loving. Come join us!
Industrial is looking for an experienced WordPress Developer to join our team. Reporting directly to the Team Lead - Web Development, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in web development within a digital/technical agency environment and a strong background in WordPress, WooCommerce, and PHP. Strong front-end and back-end development skills are desired. As a WordPress Developer, you will be involved in the hands-on implementation of web projects and eCommerce solutions across the full stack for Industrial clients.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work with the Team Lead to architect solutions that meet the client's expectations in WordPress and WooCommerce
- Write project implementation code with quality, reusability and security in mind
- Work on multiple projects across the tech stack
- Review and contribute to functional specifications and provide estimates of effort
- When required answer questions or communicate with clients to clarify requirements
Technical knowledge requirements:
- Strong background as a generalist web developer
- PHP development experience
- Experience configuring and using the core WooCommerce plugin. Additional experience with addon plugins such as WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Memberships and Teams for WooCommerce Memberships is an asset
- Proven experience with LAMP stack in production projects is a must including Linux command line knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience using GIT version control
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or WordPress is required
- Excellent understanding of the web technologies, protocols and systems
- (i.e. HTTP, REST, APIs, JSON, CMSs, CRMs, Mobile Web etc.)
- Experience building integrations is an asset
- Experience with Laravel or other MVC PHP frameworks is an asset
- Experience with web accessibility standards is an asset
Desirable soft skills:
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Analytical thinker and decisive
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work on exciting technology projects
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package with coverage of prescription drugs, dental, paramedical and other wellness services
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2022
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- An annual stipend to spend on health and wellness (gym memberships, fitness equipment, sports fees, etc.)
- Lots of opportunities for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
Industrial is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
About Industrial -
Industrial has been around for 20+ years as a digital web agency with roots in Ottawa, but now operating fully remote from anywhere in Canada. We are a cross-functional team of experienced UX researchers, designers, developers and project managers, designing and building powerful websites using WordPress, Drupal and WooCommerce for associations: membership-based organizations and nonprofits. Associations provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada's future and another who is at the heart of better care for pets and their people, through the accreditation of companion animal veterinary hospitals in North America.
Industrial collaborates very closely with its sister company Wicket, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform. Wicket is a growing SaaS startup and is building the world's first Member Data Platform (MDP), laser-focused on North America’s association sector.